Engine rebuild and done v2
Once we got the car back to the shop it was making a noise in the top end. We pulled the valve cover and couldn't ever really find anything out of sorts.
Draining the oil there was a good amount of metal in the oil....who knows what it was from though.
The turbo itself looked fine and nothing else was out of the ordinary.
We assumed it was just a worn engine and something let loose. The owner decided to do a quick rebuild and add ARP studs while we were in there.
This time the owner made it home without issue....
Crank polished and in
360 degree thrust bearing
New rings gapped and in their holes
Front timing chain cover installed
Crank at Top Dead Center
Head on and get it timed
RUNNING!! 14.7 at idle, zesty!
Charge pipes were coated this time